I was thrilled when my favorite football club, Manchester United, paid a huge fee for hitman Dimitar Berbatov. I had even greater joy when I read this testimony of him.

Berbatov said "I have done many stupid things because of my stubbornness, only because I didn't want to listen to my parents' advice. And then it always turned out that they were right......Besides, I am religious and I take the Bible everywhere with me. There are many good pieces of advice for those like me in the Bible."

Swearing has been as much a part of football as the goalposts. Yet Berbatov claims he would never swear at anyone. He said "This is a matter of good upbringing. I don't swear in my daily life. I try to do everything in style - not only in football. If I manage to give any positive examples for young people, then that is great."

So from all the Manchester United diehard supporters from all over, welcome aboard and hope you will score as many goals as Ronaldo did last season.