Tchoukball, a game where some of us have played at least once or even more, but for me, I never enjoyed the game and never really understood why all the rules were there to limit our freedom, and particularly why can’t we intercept opponent’s ball.

After attending the tchoukball training in Malacca, not only have I not dislike it, but fell in love with the game. The nature of this game is so well-designed that sportsmanship is upheld with the highest priority and not neglecting the level of competitiveness of the game. Before this, I really love playing ultimate Frisbee. The reason being, unlike other team sports where victory is everything, sportsmanship is the core value of the game. It is so well-disciplined that refereeing is not needed even in the official rule of the game. Now, I have found something a lot better than ultimate, it’s none other than tchoukball.

Why do I like tchoukball? Frankly speaking, for all sports that I have played, I am much disadvantaged due to my physical limitation. Many a times, I lose out because of my height and size. Tchoukball as in its purest form, doesn’t discriminate, regardless of tall, short, thin or fat people, this game is perfect for all. Size does not matter in this game. This game focuses on the tactical aspect and accurate judgment. No one is allowed to intercept opponent’s ball and so everyone in the team is responsible for every action that is done. With a limit of maximum three passes, the team will need to try to score by shooting the ball at the mini trampoline and ensuring that the opponent team fails to catch the ball when it bounces off the trampoline and outside the D-zone in the game field. The beauty of the game also lies in the 50-50 possibility of the goal. If at all the opponent team manages to save the goal by catching the attempt, it will be a different scenario altogether. Defense will turn to attack in a matter of seconds and it will give the team a chance to score against their opponent.

For those who have yet to learn the game or still disliking it, please give yourself a chance to learn the most beautiful team sport game on earth. Come to B.U.G. or even contact me (Vincent 013-5208898) if you want to learn the game. Steven or I will be most happy to share with you what we have learned in Malacca.